"Go Give Them Heaven!"

"Go Give Them Heaven!"

Welcome to my Mission blog. This blog will display any pictures or stories that I will be sending home via mail or email.

Monday, April 7, 2014

When it Rains....

So two weeks ago was a really great week. I was able to visit with a lot of really great people in Gilroy with both the Spanish and English Elders.

Again, we have been visiting with the Family that is desirous of getting baptized. We taught them about Priesthood Blessings and how it worked. It seemed like the two boys were very much interested in it.

Earlier that same day, we visited with an AMAZING and lively couple who have been through it all and yet still turn to the Lord for their strength. It was a real testimony builder for me listening to them and their stories and current hardships. They were saying that they were moving, but I am extremely hopeful that they are able to stay in Gilroy. I love them so much, I hope to see them again.

Lastly, a few days later, Elder Prince, Alonso and I had a joined lesson with las Hermanas (Anderson and Zidek) with a Spanish family. They are investigating the church, and I believe that they have committed to baptism. I love them, I love how the spirit was also so strong in their house. We taught them about the 10 Commandments, and immediately they were so strong with "I will do that!" They are a really strong family. I am excited for them and their baptism. I need to double check when their baptism is though...

Ok, As for last week...I was out cold. Thursday night, (right after the visit with the Spanish family) I came home and was dead tired. I woke up Friday with a Stomach ache, head ache, sore throat, etc. I took Friday off to rest. Saturday, I had a bad sore throat, as with Sunday, but Monday and Tuesday were the worst. I had a 101 degree fever with massive nasal congestion. It was not fun. Wednesday through Friday I took off to rest because I have this really bad cough (that I still have). I am really worried that it is the old pneumonia stuff like in the MTC. It is about the same time too (2 months into the mission). Which reminds me, this Friday is 2 months, wow!

This week looks like it will be pretty open. I am better and ready to get moving again. Today, for Prep. Day we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was fun, but really rushed. I was slightly bummed because everyone wasn't really that enthused about the Marine Life that we were viewing as I was. It was still fun.





Just a few of my favorite pictures that I took

Hoping everything is well with everyone,

-Brelder Justin Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.