"Go Give Them Heaven!"

"Go Give Them Heaven!"

Welcome to my Mission blog. This blog will display any pictures or stories that I will be sending home via mail or email.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Estoy Flacito

What a week, what a week!

Immediately, transfers somewhat hit me hard. Elder Prince, Sister Christensen, and Sister Zidek were all transferred, but they all have amazing new companions and I know that they are all doing amazing things. They are amazing people! However, I do miss them. On the flip side, I am really excited to get to know Sister Black (Sister Teitjen's new companion), Sister Busdicker (Sister Anderson's new companion), and Elder Crawford (Elder Alonso's new companion). They are all fantastic and hard-working missionaries. I am excited for the opportunity to work with them.

Backing up a bit, last week (April 6-12) the Spanish family that was interested in the church all committed to baptism. It was great and mush rejoicing of heart commenced, but that was short lived. The mother called Elder Prince and Alonso the next day to let them know that both the mother and father couldn't be baptized and there was no reason why. Also, the father was hospitalized with crazy sinus problems. He was bleeding really badly, but the doctors couldn't diagnose why... It was nothing but a ton of questions and "Why's?". the good news is that the older son and the daughter were interviewed and were baptized last Sunday (April 13th). Unfortunately the parents couldn't attend since the father was in the hospital.




It was funny, as I was getting ready to go to the baptism, I received a text asking if I could baptize the daughter. I was shocked somewhat, since I wasn't really planning on doing anything, but said yes and grabbed my white clothing on the way out. The service was great. Again in Spanish, but the spirit was so strong. When it was time to get baptized, the daughter really struggled and was nervous, but she did it! We were all so proud of her! Then she got to watch her brother be baptized by Branch President President DeSamones. Again, it was a really great baptism.

As for THIS week, it was a massive blur. Transfers on Tuesday, lessons on Wednesday with Less-actives and the Sister who was baptized a few weeks ago, follow up Lessons on Thursday with the family with the son and daughter who were baptized. Oh, hahahaha, I have to take a break for a sec. and tell a story. So when we go over, the Spanish family has a young boy who likes to compare the Elders in some way or another. Like a few weeks ago it was by out ties. I thought it was super cool. However, that night, he decided to describe us. I was the first and he said that I was "flacito" or "small and thin." Massive compliment!! He kept saying it over and over, like when the sister came over, and like twice during the lesson. Also, I am a Power Ranger too. I don't remember which color though.

Friday with the English Elders going to lessons as well. Again, Nothing really stands out, I am sorry.

I am hopeful that everyone is well,

Take Care,

-Brelder Harris





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.