"Go Give Them Heaven!"

"Go Give Them Heaven!"

Welcome to my Mission blog. This blog will display any pictures or stories that I will be sending home via mail or email.

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Mission is Great

Greetings from California! Things are going really great. I love California even more than I have compared to simple vacations or visits to Grandma and Grandpa Grandy. I met with President Watkins on Friday morning and was immediately placed with a trio elders assigned to the Gilroy District.


(Elder Seelos, Davis, and Billin. Elder Davis is waiting for a visa to go through so he can go to his mission in Brazil and Elders Seelos and Billin are Zone Leaders)

I love working with them. They are the kindest "most nicest" Elders you could ever meet. They are extremely humble, but so powerful in the Spirit. They really build me up, especially when I am too scared to talk with people (I am not sure that I can, yet, since I am a Service "Member" missionary). So far we have done a ton of street contacting (which is nerve racking especially when talking to big men with tattoos who are either smoking or drinking) but still have done a few appointments.

So far I feel like I have done a lot, but it has only been three days! I don't even know where to begin (and what I can say). It is different being a Service missionary because I don't wear a badge and I go by "Brother Harris." It is really hard explaining to people why I don't wear a badge, so I tell them that I am trying to earn it...which isn't a full lie. Also, I kind of wish that I had some more MTC time since I really struggle to talk with people and express simple Gospel Principles. I am noticing slowly, and with time, it is getting easier though (again, only 3 days out here, haha). Also, it is amazing to see that pretty much no matter what language you speak for your mission, you HAVE to know Spanish in Gilroy. I would say that there is a 50/50 split between people that speak Spanish and people that speak English. So even the English Elders, that I am with, all speak a little bit of Spanish.

I hope people at home know that I love them. Thank them for their support! Also, encourage them to be missionaries of their own.



Take Care, I hope you all are well.

Brother Justin Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.